- Condensation / water / moisture may gather inside the oven, inside the oven door and between the glass panels
- Microwave oven
- Combination microwave oven
The moisture leaves the microwave/compact oven through ventilation ducts, including the door. This means that stains and condensation can form between the two glass panels in the door. The stains are caused by grease particles reacting with the cooling air.
1. Turn the dish midway through cooking, this is beneficial for even cooking and will release some of the vapour. This is particularly useful if the food has a long cooking time.
2. Cover the food with pierced cling film or a loose-fitting plastic lid, this helps the cooking process, reduces splattering, speeds up cooking time and retains moisture in the food. Moisture is released when food is heated up in an oven, especially in the case of frozen items.
3. Moisture left in the cavity and behind the door glass is a normal part of the cooking process. For best results, after use wipe with a clean dry cloth and leave the door ajar to further help the drying process.
4. Moisture between the panes of glass, within the door can occur if the cavity has been exposed to a lot of water vapour. The door can not be removed and panes of glass replaced. This water will evaporate with use.
For safety reasons, the door cannot be detached, which means that it cannot be cleaned. Doors on microwaves and combination microwave ovens should only be removed by an authorised repair technician.
Refer to the user manual, if necessary. Download your user manual by visiting our support page followed by manuals and documents.
6. In extreme cases, we recommend requesting a visit by a service engineer. Contact an Authorised Service Centre.
- Microwaves cook by agitating water molecules, thereby producing steam. Cooking this way is extremely healthy and safe but does produce water vapour. The process generates varying amounts of condensation, depending on the type of food heated up and the set temperature.
- This is perfectly normal but may lead to a build-up of condensation inside the appliance.