- Unpleasant, rotten or strong odour in the freezer
- Chest freezer
1. Store strong-smelling foodstuffs in airtight containers.
2. Defrost the freezer before you start cleaning.
See your user manual for instructions on how to defrost your freezer.
Download user manual.
3. Carefully clean the baskets, door seal and inside using a suitable anti-bacterial disinfectant/cleaning agent.
You can find suitable cleaning and care products in our Webshop
4. Clean the drip tray situated above the compressor at the rear of the appliance.
5. If the power supply has been cut off at any point and the food has thawed, this may be the cause of the odour.
Foods that have thawed cannot be refrozen.