- Start - Pause LED flashes on tumble dryer
- Tumble dryers
The Start/Pause LED will flash for a variety of reasons.
To indicate the programme has finished (this is normal)
- When a drying cycle is finished, all the LEDs will come on. This indicates the anti-crease phase (30 minutes).
- Then, the Start-Pause LED goes off and the filter, condenser and Finished LED's come on (10 minutes).
- Finally, all the LEDs will go off and the Start-Pause LED starts flashing.
If your machine isn’t starting, try the following:
1. It is possible that your tumble dryer has a delayed start option enabled.
- If your product has a display, you will see the countdown to the delayed start time.
- If the product does not have a display, a light will flash next to a time symbol, e.g. 4h-8h-12h.
2. Child lock may be activated (your machine may emit 3 beeps and the start/pause button flash red)
- Click Here to see how to disable the child lock
3. Check the door is shut properly
- Make sure no clothing is preventing the door from shutting
- Check the lock and hinges for any damage.
4. Check the tumble dryer isn’t in energy saving mode
- If the tumble dryer is in energy-saving mode, you will only see a flashing start/pause button.
- You can disable the energy-saving mode by switching the dryer off and on again.
- Select a drying cycle and press the start/pause button.
If the tumble dryer is starting normally but only goes a few minutes into the cycle, then stops and flashes then try:
1. Clean the filters and empty the water container (condenser and heat pump tumble dryers)
- To learn how to clean the filters Click Here
2. Check the outlet hose has no kinks in it (tumble dryer outlet hose)
3. Check if the drum is filled sufficiently.
- When you use electronic cycles, the drum will detect whether the clothing is dry.
- When the drum is filled with a small amount of clothing, it is sometimes unable to detect the clothing and will then end the cycle.
- For very small amounts of clothing, it is recommended that you use time-based drying.
If your machine has flashed red twice/ emitted 2 beeps then Click Here
If the above has failed unplug the machine from the mains supply for 5 minutes, then re-plug in then it should have reset the appliance.
If all the above has failed, then we recommend getting a service engineer to have a look.
If you found the following information helpful, please give us a thumbs up below. If this information did not resolve your question, all constructive feedback is welcome.