- Start - Pause LED flashes on tumble dryer
- Tumble dryers
The Start/Pause LED will flash for a variety of reasons.
To indicate the programme has finished (this is normal)
- When a drying cycle is finished, all the LEDs will come on. This indicates the anti-crease phase (30 minutes).
- Then, the Start-Pause LED goes off and the filter, condenser and Finished LED's come on (10 minutes).
- Finally, all the LEDs will go off and the Start-Pause LED starts flashing.
If your machine isn’t starting, try the following:
1. It is possible that your tumble dryer has a delayed start option enabled.
- If your product has a display, you will see the countdown to the delayed start time.
- If the product does not have a display, a light will flash next to a time symbol, e.g. 4h-8h-12h.
2. Child lock may be activated (your machine may emit 3 beeps and the start/pause button flash red)
- Click Here to see how to disable the child lock
3. Check the door is shut properly
- Make sure no clothing is preventing the door from shutting
- Check the lock and hinges for any damage.
4. Check the tumble dryer isn’t in energy-saving mode
- If the tumble dryer is in energy-saving mode, you will only see a flashing start/pause button.
- You can disable the energy-saving mode by switching the dryer off and on again.
- Select a drying cycle and press the start/pause button.
If the tumble dryer is starting normally but only goes a few minutes into the cycle, then stops and flashes then try:
1. Clean the filters and empty the water container (condenser and heat pump tumble dryers)
- To learn how to clean the filters and condenser Click Here
2. Check the outlet hose has no kinks in it (tumble dryer outlet hose)
3. Check if the drum is filled sufficiently.
- When you use electronic cycles, the drum will detect whether the clothing is dry.
- When the drum is filled with a small amount of clothing, it is sometimes unable to detect the clothing and will then end the cycle.
- For very small amounts of clothing, it is recommended that you use time-based drying.
If your machine has flashed red twice/ emitted 2 beeps then Click Here
If the above has failed unplug the machine from the mains supply for 5 minutes, then re-plug in then it should have reset the appliance.
If all the above has failed, then we recommend getting a service engineer to have a look.
If you found the following information helpful, please give us a thumbs up below. If this information did not resolve your question, all constructive feedback is welcome.