- Tumble dryer does not heat up
- Clothes are still wet after drying cycle
- tumble dryers
1. Check if the appliance is displaying the error code
- The error message can be a code in the display, a flashing LED or a sequence of beeps.
- If an error code is displayed, see the user manual for troubleshooting.
2. Check whether the appliance is getting hot:
- Firstly, clean the appliance and then start a timed cycle of at least 120 minutes with no load.
- After one hour, open the door and check whether the drum is hot inside (with at least 20 minutes remaining on the display).
- If the inside of the drum is hot, the heating system is working. In tumble dryers fitted with a heat pump, you can often also hear whooshing or sloshing noises from the appliance when it stops.
- If the appliance is still not hot after an hour of the program, we recommend requesting a visit by a service engineer.
3. Check if the ambient temperature is between 5°C and 35°C.
- If the ambient temperature is too low or too high, the tumble dryer may not operate correctly.
- If the room temperature is not within the range, the tumble dryer may not operate correctly and will not heat up.
- Heat the room in which the tumble dryer is situated until it reaches a suitable temperature, or move the dryer to another room that is at a suitable temperature.
4. Reset the appliance
Remove the plug from the socket, wait 3 minutes and then plug it in again.
5. Avoid opening the door during the first 10 minutes of the drying cycle. (applies to heat pump tumble dryer)
If the door is opened, heating will be delayed.
- If the door is opened during a drying cycle, the drying time may be extended by up to 20–30 minutes each time the door is opened
- The door must be closed during a drying cycle. Restart the cycle and keep the door closed.
6. Do not overload the appliance.
Overloading can reduce the heat circulation around the clothing thus extending the drying time.
7. Check if the filters are clean.
- If the filters, condenser and/or heat exchanger are dirty, it may be the reason why the machine is not heating up.
- Clean the filter after each drying cycle
- See the user manual for information on how to clean and maintain your appliance. Download user manual.
- The filters may appear clean but still be blocked.
- You can check the filters by holding them up against the light or under a tap and seeing whether the water can flow through them.
- If no water passes through the filters, clean them and check them again.
- If water will still not pass through the filters, replace them.
- Filters and accessories are available via the Webshop.
8. Check the fitting of the venting hose (applies to vented dryers).
On a vented tumble dryer, it is important that the vent, i.e. the hose/tube from the tumble dryer to the outside, and the air damper/non-return valve in the wall, are clean so that the air from the tumble dryer can flow freely to the outside.
If the above does not resolve the problem, we recommend a visit by a service engineer.