- Washing machine displays error message E10, E11, C1 or emits 1 beep / 1 flash.
- Problem with not taking in water, not taken in enough water or problems with the drain
- Washing machine
- Top loader washing machine
1. Check the water supply to ensure that the water pressure is proper
- The operating water pressure at the water entry point from the outlet connection must be between 0.5 bar(0.05 MPa) and 8 bar (0.8 MPa)
- Turn off the tap and remove the inlet hose. Place a bucket or other similar container under the tap. Turn on the tap and check that enough water comes out of it.
- You should be able to fill a 10-litre bucket in about a minute.
2. Clean the filter in the inlet hose next to the tap.
If there is a filter in the water valve where the inlet hose screws into the washing machine, it should be also clean.
3. Ensure the correct position of the drain hose.
The drain hose should extend no more than 10 cm down into the drain. *Refer to the installation instructions in your user manual or separate installation leaflet supplied with your appliance.
*Download user manual.
4. Ensure correct drain height.
The height of the drain must be no more than 100 cm and no less than 60 cm above the base of the machine or as shown in the user manual.
Refer to the installation instructions in your user manual or separate installation leaflet supplied with your appliance.
5. Clean the pump and filter.
Clean the pump and fluff filter, including the pump blade (if the pump blade is visible, rotate it with a pencil and refit the filter). Then start a hot wash without adding any detergent powder to clean out the drainage system. For detailed procedure refer to the user manual supplied with your appliance.
6. Check for blocked drain.
Check whether the drains are draining satisfactorily. Try a wash with the drain hose in a bowl or sink.
7. Check the drainage hose / inlet hose for possible kink or twist.
Kink or twist in the drain hose or inlet hose may prevent the water from flowing through the hose. You can check it behind the machine.
8. Use less detergent powder.
When a lot of detergent powder is used, excessive foam can be produced and this can cause the water level system to get blocked by foam.
Run the appliance empty to clear the foam. This may be required to be done several times.
9. Reset the appliance.
Remove the plug from the socket, wait 30 seconds and then plug it in again.
If the above steps and video don't help resolve the issue then a service visit by one of our approved service providers is recommended.
- Water tap closed, not taking in water, not taking in enough water, inlet hose possibly kinked or twisted